There are several free DNA assemblers available on the web. We need to use some of them. Your homework is to find them, and identify its primary characteristics.
Specifically, we need to know for each program:
- The name of the program
- Web address of the official description. Just the URL.
- What kind of DNA assembler: greedy, Overlay-Layout-Consensus, De Bruijn Graph, or other
- What file formats can it handle as input: FASTQ, PHRED, etc.
- What file formats produces as output.
- Web address where to download it (or how to get it)
- In which operating system does it work (Microsoft Windows™, Mac OS, Linux)
Once you have completed this list, choose which of these programs you want to test. We will try it later.