Applied Mathematician, Engineer, University Teacher, Researcher in Bioinformatics and Machine Learning
Assistant Professor, Molecular Biology and Genetics Department, Istanbul University
Contact Phone: +90 (507) 013 31 84
Mathematical Engineer, University of Chile, Chile, 2002
PhD on Informatics, Inria-University Rennes I, France, 2013
PhD on Mathematical Modelling, University of Chile, 2013
- Assistant Professor. Molecular Biology and Genetics Department, Istanbul University
- Postdoctoral Researcher. “Center for Genome Regulation”, Center of Mathematical Modeling, Universidad de Chile-CNRS
- PhD Thesist. Team Dyliss, IRISA/Inria, Université de Rennes 1, France
- PhD Thesist. “Center for Genome Regulation”, Center of Mathematical Modeling, Universidad de Chile-CNRS
- Bioinformatics Researcher on Salmon Nutriogenomics. Project “Salmonid genomics: identification of genes related to protein and vegetal oil usage in Atlantic salmon and rainbow trout nutrition”.
- Bioinformatics Researcher on Grape Genomics. INIA, Chilean National Agriculture Research Institute
- Statistical analyst in Breast Cancer Research. Project “Molecular profile of breast cancer at clinical stages II and III in Latin-American women receiving a standard reference treatment”.
- Co-research in the modeling copper homeostasis in E.faecalis. Funded by Fondecyt N17071083, National Fund for Science and Technology
- Project manager. Project “Bioidentification system for industry-relevant microorganisms: application to avian and winery sectors”.
- Chief Research Engineer. Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Mathematics of Genome, Center for Mathematical Modeling, Universidad de Chile-CNRS
- Chief Engineer. Network and Computing Services, Center for Mathematical Modeling, Universidad de Chile
- Chief Engineer. Network and Computing Services, Universidad Arturo Prat, Chile
Publications (last 5 years)
Acuña, V., Aravena, A., Guziolowski, C., et al. (2016). Deciphering transcriptional regulations coordinating the response to environmental changes. BMC Bioinformatics 17, 35.
Alvarez, C., Aravena, A., Tapia, T., et al. (2016). Different Array CGH profiles within hereditary breast cancer tumors associated to BRCA1 expression and overall survival. BMC Cancer 16, 1–14.
Cordero, N., Maza, F., Navea-Perez, H., et al. (2016). Different Transcriptional Responses from Slow and Fast Growth Rate Strains of Listeria monocytogenes Adapted to Low Temperature. Frontiers in Microbiology 7, 1–9.
Latorre, M., Ehrenfeld, N., Cortés, M.P., et al. (2016). Global transcriptional responses of Acidithiobacillus ferrooxidans Wenelen under different sulfide minerals. Bioresource Technology 200, 29–34.
Uçarlı, C., McGuffin, L.J., Çaputlu, S., et al. (2016). Genetic diversity at the Dhn3 locus in Turkish Hordeum spontaneum populations with comparative structural analyses. Scientific Reports 6, 20966.
- “Array of DNA fragments from biomining microorganisms and method for detection of them”. Argentina: AR057612, grantedDec 5, 2007, Australia: AU2006241345, grantedOct 10, 2013, Chile: CL200503033, presented Nov 21, 2005, China: CN101275168, grantedJun 5, 2013, Mexico: MX 307357 B, grantedFeb 13, 2013, Peru: PE1432-2010/DIN, grantedOct 28, 2010, South Africa: ZA2006/09650, grantedDec 27, 2007, USA: US7915031B2, grantedMar 29, 2011.
- “Method for the design of oligonucleotides for molecular biology techniques”. Argentina: AR054923B1, grantedJul 25, 2007, Australia: AU2006203551B2, grantedJun 2, 2011, Mexico: MX 305872 B, grantedDec 4, 2012, South Africa: ZA200606828B, grantedMar 26, 2008, USA: US7853408B2, grantedDec 14, 2010.
- “Array of nucleotidic sequences for the detection and identification of genes that codify proteins with activities relevant in biotechnology present in a microbiological sample, and method for using this array”. Australia: AU2008201183, grantedJan 9, 2014, Chile: CL201349170, grantedJun 13, 2013, Mexico: MX 298861 B, grantedMay 3, 2012, Peru: PE1602-2012/DIN, grantedNov 23, 2012, South Africa: ZA2008/02344, grantedNov 26, 2008, USA: US8207324, grantedJun 26, 2012.
- “Microarray of nucleotide sequences for the detection and identification of transcripts related to resistance or susceptibility of salmo salar to infection by Piscirickettsia salmonis with; method of identifying fish families susceptible and resistant to infection with P. salmonis”. Chile: CL201202773, presented Oct 3, 2012.
- “Method for the identification and quantification of microorganisms useful in biomining processes”. Australia: AU2006204629, grantedOct 11, 2012, Mexico: MX 307267 B, grantedFeb 8, 2013, South Africa: ZA2006/07131, grantedMay 30, 2007, USA: US8492093, grantedJul 23, 2013.
- “Method and array for detection and identification of microorganisms present in a sample by using genomic regions coding for different tRNA-synthetases”. Argentina: AR056179, grantedSep 20, 2008, Australia: AU2006241289, grantedMay 14, 2009, Mexico: MX 313904 B, grantedOct 2, 2013, South Africa: ZA2006/09649, presented Dec 27, 2007.
- Dr. Alejandro Maass, Director of Center of Mathematical Modeling at the University of Chile,
- Dr. Anne Siegel, Research director of Dyliss team, University of Rennes 1, Inria, CNRS, IRISA,
- Dr. Nazlı Arda, Former Director of Molecular Biology and Genetics Department, Istanbul University,
- Mr. Gustavo Soto, Former President, Universidad Arturo Prat, Chile,
- Dr. Pilar Parada, Director, Systems Biotechnology Center at Universidad Andres Bello. Former Executive Director of Center for Systems Biotechnology at Fraunhofer-Chile. Former CEO of BioSigma S.A.,
Spanish (native), English (spoken, written), French (spoken, written), Italian (basic), Portuguese (basic), Turkish (basic).